The Carolyn E. Wylie Center is a large multi-service center now serving over 3,401 children, youth, and families each year through its programs and services. Serving the Inland Empire, we provide the highest quality educational programs and therapeutic services to meet the needs, goals and hopes of individuals with special learning, emotional and developmental needs.
We provide intensive one to one behavior modification and early intervention for children 18 months to 12 years of age by using an integrated and comprehensive intervention model based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and the concept of individualization. We believe intervention must target every area of impaired functioning, including communication, social, play, motor, cognitive, academic, attention, executive functioning, and adaptive skill.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Provide one-to-one behavior intervention services to individual clients as instructed by the Director of Autism and based on individual treatment plans as written by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
– Implement the goals/objectives for an individual child as defined in the treatment plan.
– Relay information regarding the child and his/her program to the BCBA and/or Executive Clinical Supervisor.
– Implement systematic Applied Behavior Analysis Approach as instructed by a BCBA and/or Senior Case Coordinator.
– Provide/assist with daily program activities in the areas of self-help, communication, social, cognitive, motor and behavior.
REQUIRED: Associate’s Degree (A.A./A.S.) from an accredited institution; with at least 12 units in Early Childhood Education, Human Development, Special Education or a related field.
PREFERRED: Experience working with young autistic children, and/or training in PECS, or ABA, is highly desirable.
This representative of the essential functions, a full job description will be given to qualified applicants prior to the interview.
Job Type: Part-time
Required education: Associate’s Degree
Required experience: Working with children for at least 1 year.
Required license or certification: Driver’s License
The Carolyn E. Wylie Center is an equal opportunity employer.