Triple P – Positive Parenting Program®
Triple P suggests simple routines and small changes that can make a big difference to your family. It helps you understand the way your family works and uses the things you already say, think, feel and do in new ways that:
- Create a stable, supportive and harmonious family
- Encourage appropriate behavior
- Deal positively, consistently and decisively with problem behavior
- Build positive relationships with your children, so that conflict can be resolved
- Plan ahead to avoid or manage potentially difficult situations
- Take care of yourself as a parent
Tripe P Program
The Triple P program content draws upon Learning Theory, Developmental Research on Social Competence, Cognitive Social Learning Theory, and Public Health and Community Psychology. While Triple P is almost always successful in improving child behavior problems, more than half its emphasis is on developing positive attitudes, skills and behavior. This helps prevent problems arising and fosters family relationships that encourage children to realize their full potential.
Key Objectives of Triple P
- Increase parent’s skills in promoting social, emotional, and behavioral competence in children
- Reducing parents’ use of coercive and punitive methods of discipline
- Increase communication about parenting
- Reduce parental stress associated with rearing children
What We Offer
- Classes are FREE
- 8-week class sessions
- Start dates are offered throughout the year
- Meets once a week for 2 hours
- For parents of children birth through 12 years of age
- Free parent manuals provided, including a Certificate of Completion
Note: This program meets criteria for CPS Family Reunification Requirement and court-approved parenting program.
Click here to see our current class schedule.
If you would like to know more about Triple P, contact us.
Triple P has been developed and scientifically proven over 25 years by The University of Queensland Parent and Family Support Centre, with international collaboration.